Volunteer and Internship – Callout
Story Posted: 25 July 2022
Categories: Volunteer | Intern,Festival Call
Have you always wanted to be part of the Fak’ugesi Festival team? Now is your chance to apply for either our volunteer or internship opportunity.
Fak’ugesi is the leading pan-African festival for digital innovation across animation, video games, visual arts, extended reality (AR / VR), and music. Now in its 9th year, the festival will take place at the Tshimologong Precinct and Wits University in Braamfontein, South Africa, from 13-21 October 2022.
We are calling out to brilliant youth who work in project admin, marketing and events to join our team to deliver our exciting #FromNowOn programme which includes: a conference, expo, jams and hackathons, pitches, and awards.
Applications close 29 July 2022 at 1pm.
Applications will be looked at on a rolling basis.
Please see our criteria for each opportunity:
Passion for digital creativity
2-4hrs per week from August – September
4-6hrs per day from 13-21 October
What you’ll receive:
Real-world work experience
Work with industry leaders
Free festival access
Fak’ugesi exclusive merchandise
A reference letter proving volunteer experience
We are looking for a person in each of these areas:
- Administration and Planning
- Communications and Marketing
- Events, Talent Management
- Johannesburg based
- Passion for digital creativity
- You will need to bring your own laptop (we offer unlimited data at the Tshimologong Precinct)
- Be South African citizens with a valid South African ID number
- You must not be older than 35 years
- Have a Matric qualification + completed Degree/National Diploma from a recognised local institute
- Submit a CV; Matric certificate; Tertiary transcripts and qualification certificates
- Not participated in previous SETA sponsored internship programme
- Not previously had permanent employment
- Previous part-time work experience, such as vacation work, is welcomed but not a requirement
Please note that should any of the above requirements not be met, your application for internship cannot be considered.
What you’ll receive:
- Real-world work experience
- SETA internship remuneration
- Work with industry leaders
- Be part of larger Tshimologong Precinct team
- Access to learning programmes
- Full festival access
- A reference letter proving volunteer experience