Spatial Fabrications: Stereoscopic and Panoramic Imaging Workshop
African Digital ArtFak'ugesi Curators
Live Streamed Workshop
A two series workshop by PreEmpt Group Collective, winners of Fak'ugesi Digital Art Exhibition Commission with 'Spatial Fabrications: An Uninhabitable World' exhibition.
Panoramic Imaging Workshop
Max 20 participants
23 Oct. 10:00 - 11:00 AM (South Africa)
Stereoscopic Imaging Workshop
Venue: Tshimologong Innovation Precinct
Max 10 participants
24 Oct. 10:00 - 11:00 AM (South Africa)
Your will learn:
- 360 Photography using a DSLR camera.
- 360 Photography using a 360 camera.
- Developing a scene for Stereoscopic and Panoramic imaging.
- Editing and Exporting Stereoscoping and Panoramic Imaging.
With the growing use of digital tools to produce VR and VR Films, the process often requires a high end tools for processing, developing and refining images; yet the technology is often both inaccessible and expensive particularly in the context of South Africa. This often discourages creators and newcomers in such production, resulting in the lack of democratisation of the medium and its operation.
PreEmpt Group is concerned with open source tools, to enable democratisation of the medium. They focus on alternative ways of accessing the medium by downgrading the scale in order to adjust and construct VR or rather digital content. These workshops will introduce participants to convenient and accessible ways to develop the VR content and tools available for processing, developing, photographing and editing Stereoscopic and Panoramic images.
Complete the Application form with through the Reservation:
- Open to creatives who are interested in developing VR in their work.
- The workshops require individuals who have basic photography and editing skills.
- All participants should have a computer, latest installed photoshop 2019/2020
*All workshops will be available online for registered attendees after the the live workshop.