Internship – Call Out
Story Posted: 6 June 2023
Categories: Artists,Festival Call,Volunteer | Intern,Opportunity
Have you always wanted to be part of the Fak’ugesi Festival team? Now is your chance to apply for our internship opportunity!
Fak’ugesi is the leading pan-African festival for digital innovation across animation, video games, visual arts, extended reality (AR / VR), and music. Now in its 10th year, the festival will take place at the Tshimologong Precinct and Wits University in Braamfontein, South Africa, from 26 September – 1 October 2023
We are calling out to brilliant youth who work in Project Admin, Communications, and PR to join our team to deliver our exciting #MoreFlow programme which includes: a conference, expo, jams and hackathons, pitches, and awards.
Applications close on 15 June 2023 at 1 pm
Applications will be looked at on a rolling basis.
Please see our criteria for each opportunity:
We are looking for a person in each of these areas:
- Administration x 2
- Communications x 2
- PR x1
- Johannesburg based
- Passion for digital creativity
- You will need to bring your own laptop (we offer unlimited data at the Tshimologong Precinct)
- Be South African citizens with a valid South African ID number
- You must not be older than 35 years
- Have a Matric qualification + completed Degree/National Diploma from a recognised local institute
- Submit a CV; Matric certificate; Tertiary transcripts and qualification certificates
- Not participated in previous SETA sponsored internship programme
- Not previously had permanent employment
- Previous part-time work experience, such as vacation work, is welcomed but not a requirement
Please note that should any of the above requirements not be met, your application for the internship cannot be considered.
What you’ll receive:
- Real-world work experience
- SETA internship remuneration
- Work with industry leaders
- Be part of the larger Tshimologong Precinct team
- Access to learning programmes
- Full festival access