Animation Jamz 2023
Story Posted: 29 August 2023
Categories: Jamz,Festival Call
What to expect
On 26 September you will join the Jamz cohort at Tshimologong where you will have an animation masterclass, after which you will be given a brief to start the ideation process.
You will be assigned into your teams on 27 September at 9am, when the 48hr completion time begins. You will be required to submit your animation at 9am on Friday 29 September.
Winning projects will be announced live during the Fak’ugesi Awards from 7-8:30pm on 29 September.
Participants will be divided up into teams (2-3). Finalised teams will be given a brief to create a short animation sequence of a maximum of 1min.
Teams are responsible for assigning themselves tasks and roles to complete their film.
You will have VIP access to the Fakugesi Festival and meals provided during the Jam.
Winning team – R30 000
Runner-up team – R20 000
14th September end of day, with notification on 15th September.
- Young upcoming digital art talent
- Passion for authentic African storytelling
- Desire to push the boundaries of African animation styles
- Ability to work with a team of talented peers
- Creative problem-solving state of mind
- 18-35 Youth
- South African resident
- You must be able to attend the jam in Braamfontein from 26-29 September
- Computer literacy in digital drawing (Photoshop, Krita, Clip-Studio Paint, TV Paint, Open Toonz, Harmony)
- Proficiency in English
- A portfolio of drawings with a focus on digital art, and animations would be preferred (not necessarily required)
- Own computer is required