Fak’ugesi 2023 Poster and Theme Song Competition
Story Posted: 31 January 2023
Applications are now closed
See our webinar FAQ below
The Fak’ugesi Festival Poster Competition is BACK for our 10-year anniversary!
This year we are expanding our reach to pan-African musicians.
Win the opportunity to direct the look and feel of the festival by submitting a design for the festival poster or theme song.
This is an invitation to pan-African illustrators and musicians, the winners will receive R5000 ZAR each and the exciting experience of working with the Fak’ugesi team. This year we say #MoreFlow for our future in digital creativity and innovation.
For our 10-year anniversary, our theme of #MoreFlow questions how we use digital innovation and creativity to build new worlds.
In a reality of asking for more data, more information, more work, and more pressure, we search for #moreflow – paths of least resistance with the most benefit.
Calling ALL African art directors, illustrators, 3D designers, animators, motion designers and graphic designers – The Fak’ugesi Festival Poster Competition is BACK!
Enter for a shot at having your design be the official graphic of this year’s festival, a profile on our site, free festival access, and R5000 ZAR. The winner will be the design star of a pan-African festival which includes exciting immersive virtual experiences, including workshops, screenings, exhibitions and so much more.
All top 5 shortlisted finalists will be featured on Fak’ugesi Festival social media accounts (Late March 2023) via press, media and in the exhibition hosted by Fak’ugesi Festival.
But only ONE winner will become the official paid digital artist for Fak’ugesi Festival 2023. The winning work and the winner’s creative profile will be featured by Fak’ugesi & any press, or media interactions throughout the festival.
The Fak’ugesi Festival invites pan-African singers, rappers and producers from the African continent to produce a song celebrating our festival theme #MoreFlow. The winning song will be used as our festival theme song and in social media, television and radio promotional material across the continent. The winning artist will be awarded R5000 ZAR, free access to the festival and be part of the Fak’ugesi creative network.
All rights to the music must be owned by the original creator. Musicians must give permission for the song to be used for promotional use across TV, Radio and all social media platforms. Deadline: 15 March 2023, 11:59pm GMT
Deadline: 15 March 2023, 11:59pm GMT
Webinar: 9 February 2023, 11:00am GMT
- You live in any African country
- You are between 18-35 years old
- A symbol/image for our theme, #MoreFlow. Take your inspiration from our 2023 theme description.
- The illustration must use one of the water textures provided here in the design as a texture or pattern.
- The illustration must be in vector format in an A3 portrait ratio (420mm high by 297mm wide)
- Suitable for as many surfaces as possible, from print to billboard screens.
- True to you, the continent, and the tech-fueled creativity that the Fak’ugesi African Digital Innovation Festival stands for.
- The song must be an original composition and represent the festival theme #MoreFlow
- The song must be 1- 2 minutes 30 seconds long and can be any genre.
- The song must be submitted as an mp3 or WAV file.
- Vocals and instrumentals must be submitted separately and files must be no larger than 200MB.
- All rights to the music must belong to the creative submitting song.
Applications are now closed
Email us at hello @ fakugesi.co.za